Iona College is seeking a highly‑skilled and experienced Executive Assistant for this key position within the College. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly-motivated, passionate and future‑focused team, committed to supporting and empowering girls.
Iona College is an outstanding Year 7-13 boarding and day school for girls with a strong Presbyterian heritage and a strong culture of academic success and outstanding achievement in sports and performing arts.
The successful candidate will uphold the vision, values and high standards of Iona College by demonstrating unfailing integrity and professionalism at all times and support the special character of the College.
The foremost priority is to provide proactive and exceptional administrative and executive support for the Principal, who operates at the highest level. The Executive Assistant is at the centre of the school’s organisation, liaising with the College community including senior leadership team, staff, students, parents and external stakeholders. This role is pivotal in the smooth management of the College, ensuring the Principal is always supported.
Managing the enrolment process for new students from the initial enquiry through to the final confirmation of enrolment is an important part of this role. The Executive Assistant is often the first point of contact for new families, responding to queries and providing relevant information about the College.
With competent organisational skills, the Executive Assistant will have the ability to multitask and manage conflicting priorities and use their initiative to make sound decisions that support the school’s strategic vision and values.
Required skills and experience:
- Previous Personal or Executive Assistant experience
- Proven experience of working in a demanding role and demonstrating personal resilience
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent time management and proven organisational competency
- Ability to problem solve and create solutions
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A high degree of competence with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and Access, and with Gsuite and the ability to grasp the latest technology
This is a permanent, full-time position working 40 hours per week. A satisfactory police vetting result and permanent NZ residency will be conditions of appointment.
To request a job description please email the HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter to the HR Manager, email@example.com by the closing date of Friday 17 May 2019.